Head Cross Country/Track & Field Coach
- Reporting to the Associate Athletic Director and the Director of Athletics the selected candidate will serve as the Head Coach for the cross country and track & field programs.
- The Head Coach is responsible for organization and administration of the program; developing effective and positive communication with the students, faculty, alumni, and community; coaching, recruiting, team travel, fund raising, and all other areas of team operations (benchmark expectations will be identified); and will ensure the department is operating within the budgetary limitations of the program.
- Additionally, this position will take an active leadership role in fund raising and public relations activities for the cross country and track & field programs and the athletics department as a whole.
- As part of the Intercollegiate Athletics, the Head Coach must subscribe to the Principles Governing Athletics and comply with all University, Conference, and NCAA Division I rules and regulations and continually demonstrate concern for the health, safety, and welfare of each student-athlete.
- Additionally, the selected candidate will work cooperatively and responsibly with other departmental personnel and support the goals and objectives of the athletics program.
- Further duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Associate Athletic Director and the Director of Athletics based on the programs needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required (master’s degree preferred).
- Evidence of sound organizational and communication skills.
- Minimum five years coaching experience required. Seven+ years preferred.
- Proven successful cross country/track & field recruiting experience at the collegiate level.
- Evidence of a commitment to academic excellence including athlete graduation.
- Ability to interact effectively with student-athletes, colleagues, and the public.
- Capable and willing to actively plan and participate in fund-raising, promotions, and other similar endeavors as they relate to the cross country/track & field programs and the entire Athletics Department.
- Familiarity with and understanding of University, Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations
Final candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,902 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Central Region School