Head Coach Women's Lacrosse
Reporting to the Co-Directors of Athletics, this Head Coach is responsible for the development of a competitive Women's Lacrosse program within the guidelines of the NCAA, RMAC, and the university. Includes all aspects of managing/coaching a collegiate Women's Lacrosse program: recruiting, scouting, budgeting, planning, organizing, scheduling, monitoring academic performance and promoting intercollegiate athletics. Teaching responsibilities may be included.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Plan and manage team travel by developing schedules, securing lodging and meal accommodations, and scheduling competitions and practices. Ensure travel arrangements are within budget constraints and provide safe trips for the players and coaches.
- Coordinate with athletic administration eligibility requirements to ensure full compliance with governing rules and regulations, proper administration of financial aid for both prospective and enrolled student athletes, facilities scheduling, and contest administration and game operations as necessary.
- Responsible for coordination and implementation all aspects of video game exchange, editing, film sessions, download & upload of games in compliance with the NCAA and RMAC guidelines.
- Coordinate, organize and supervise of all practices, group workouts, shooting and film sessions and contests.
- Responsible for monitoring and assisting with student athletes' academic progress through classroom checks, study hall, and progress reports.
- Implement, coordinate, develop, and supervise camps and clinics.
- Engage in, coordinate and help implement all fund-raising activities for the program Supervise and manage the inventory of sports equipment. This includes determining if equipment should be reconditioned or replaced, and if replacing, make the selection and purchase. Check standards and ensure safety and accountability of physical assets.
- Develop and monitor budgets for operations, scholarships, and camps.
- Supervise and manage the program's facilities. Coordinate the facility arrangements, ensure safety of equipment, and secure storage facilities at end of practices.
- Supervise a full-time assistant coach as well as other assistant coaches who may help the program.
- Communicate regularly and maintain a positive and constructive working relationship with support staff in sports information, student services, sports medicine, campus recreation, business office, facilities/operations, compliance, athletic advancement, marketing, and ticket office to assist in implementation of an efficient and effective program and department.
- Represent the university at professional meetings, alumni gatherings, campus activities and civic affairs as requested by athletic administrators or campus personnel.
- Attend and participate in department and staff meetings as requested/required.
- Encourage an effective outreach program with student athletes that provide benefit to the on and off-campus community.
- Maintain, as appropriate, effective relationships with parents, alumni, friends of the program, and others toward the positive image and promotion of the program.
- Evening and weekend work is required.
This position reports to the Co-Directors of Athletics and must subscribe to the University Principles Governing Athletics. Performs under general supervision. Determines methods of performing assigned work. Supervises assistant coaches, graduate assistants, interns, managers, and student workers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required, master's degree is preferred.
- Three years' experience coaching lacrosse at the collegiate level is required.
- To teach, a master's degree is required in physical education or related field.
- Proven successful recruiting of quality student-athletes is desirable.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, demonstrated knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision, the ability to effectively coordinate recruiting activities, and the ability to maintain team discipline and instill proper ethical and moral standards.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,911 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (WA)