Director of Academic Services
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor grades and absences of student athletes throughout semesters.
- Works with student athletes in their academic pursuits.
- Submit grades and absences reports to coaches.
- Assist in the registration process for student athletes.
- Maintain accurate academic progress record on each athlete (transcript, degree plan, etc.)
- Arrange tutoring for student athletes.
- Oversee student athlete class attendance and grade reporting documentation and procedures.
- Maintain regular conferences with student athletes (more frequently with freshmen and academically at-risk student athletes).
- Work with non-athletic university appointed NCAA officer to determine NCAA eligibility of all student athletes.
- Provide each coach with a detailed statistical report regarding academics of each student athlete.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Student-Athlete Services, and hires/manages other academic staff as needed.
- Implement study program Monday through Friday for all freshmen and academically a-risk student athletes.
- Maintain competency with respect to knowledge of NCAA rules, ensure compliance with NCAA rules, and report to the Compliance Coordinator any knowledge of violation of NCAA, Southland Conference and/or institutional rules. Understand that actions that violate NCAA rules will result in disciplinary or corrective actions as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Sr. Associate AD/Compliance and University Provost.
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s preferred
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA Division I rules, practices, policies, philosophy and procedures
- Previous experience at a Division I institution, working with at-risk student athletes, specifically football
- 1-5 years experience in education
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,962 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime