Director Of Finance
The Director of Finance will oversee the finance and accounting functions of the Stadium Finance department.
Responsibilities include supervising department staff, monitoring the monthly close process, issuing monthly financial statements, preparing event settlements, preparing budget reports, and a variety of other financial reports.
These responsibilities and tasks will be coordinated with and supervised by the organization’s Vice President of Finance.
- Accounting Management
- Oversee and manage the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Monitor department progress toward meeting various deadlines.
- Hire, manage, coach, train, and provide ongoing performance evaluations for staff.
- Manage and maintain internal controls and compliance in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Box Office/Ticketing. Maintain compliance for tax reporting purposes.
- Supervise the process of recording manual journal entries and oversee various finance related processes (fixed assets, payroll, etc.) to ensure accounting records are complete and accurate.
- Review and/or prepare bank reconciliations, account reconciliations and other analyses as needed.
- Ensure department policies & procedures are followed.
- Prepare and/or review financial statements, budget reports, and event flash reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Create, maintain, and manage budgeting and forecasting including, but not limited to, operating budget, monthly forecasting, capital budget, and cash flow analysis.
- Prepare other financial reports and analyses as requested.
- Work with outside auditors to complete the annual audit and issue audited financial statements.
- Manage reporting for debt covenants.
- Perform and manage show-related activities – settlements, accounting, and event reporting.
- Partner with HR and the Payroll Department to ensure payroll is processed and recorded accurately.
- Assist Vice President of Finance and other facility personnel as requested.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) in Finance, Accounting
- 7 – 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in a fast-paced accounting/finance department. Experience in the facilities/arena management industry a major plus.
- Knowledge of Solomon accounting software preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate well with management-level peers as well as with employees
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Capable of handling all aspects of the accounting cycle and principles and techniques of sta operations.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with computers and MS office programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by even schedules and project timetables.
- Experience in the facilities / stadium or arena management industry strongly preferred
- CPA a plus
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,888 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Public University (NV)
National Event Staffing Company
Public University (NV)