Coordinator for Student Athletic Success and Game Day Management Intern
This internship runs for two years commencing August 15, 2020 and ending May 15, 2022. Opportunities for professional development and mentoring are included as a part of the internship package. The internship includes a stipend of $23,660 plus $3,000 professional development funding, potential for graduate school tuition remission for qualified applicants, and room and board.
Coordinator of Student Athlete Success
- Work with our Academic Skills professionals and coaches to support student athlete success through time management workshops, study halls and life skills sessions.
- Develop new programs such as:
- Student Athlete Peer mentor program
- Implementing 360 Proof/ My Playbook
- Collaborate with the Assistant Athletic Director and Life Skills Coach to mentor student athletes, promote leadership and wellness opportunities
Facility and Game Day Coordinator
- Responsible for hiring and supervising student worker game day staff as well as training other individuals who have game day responsibility.
- Train student and intern workers with best practices learned though Disney’s Game Day the Division III way to promote a positive environment.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of all conference and NCAA Championships.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between athletics and conference and events. Act as liaison representing athletics for external rentals of athletic venues.
- Assist head coach in planning and implementation of all practice and training sessions
- Other duties as assigned by head coach and may include recruiting, fundraising and organization of community service events
- The coaching assignment is based on the strengths, abilities and experience of the individual.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Attendance at an orientation at the NCAA National Office July 27-28, 2020
- The hired intern must identify as an ethnic minority and/or woman. For the purposes of the grant, racial ethnic minorities are described pursuant to the Federal guidelines.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,105 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Pro Ice Hockey
Ice Hockey Team
Pro Ice Hockey