Athletic Director & K-8 Physical Education Teacher
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate athletic programming for Grades 5 through 8, including soccer, volleyball, basketball, table tennis, and track & field.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, and evaluate coaches for athletic programming.
- Manage athletic scheduling, field permits, space rentals and transportation needs for practices and games.
- Maintain inventory of uniforms and sports equipment.
- Communicate regularly with parents and athletes in regards to schedule, sportsmanship, and athletic team needs.
- Collaborate with Middle School Division Head to develop academic and behavioral expectations and standards for students to participate in athletic programming.
- Coordinate and schedule athletic celebrations.
- Lead the planning and implementation of a lower school and middle school field day in collaboration with the P.E. department.
- Plan and implement motivating lessons in P.E. for Kindergarten to eighth grade with a wide range of activities.
- Demonstrate and model a variety of sport, movement, and fitness skills used in P.E. classes and with athletic teams.
- Implement rules for behavior and classroom procedures and routines.
- Evaluate students' performance, including academic, behavioral, and social-emotional.
- Communicate regularly with families about classroom happenings and student progress.
- Demonstrate a passion for lifelong learning and actively pursue professional development rooted in individual and school-wide goals.
- Demonstrate a desire to meaningfully integrate technology into the classroom.
- Update curriculum and materials as needed.
- Promote respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core value of the School, a shared responsibility in partnership with the school community.
- Engage respectfully with families and demonstrate sensitivity to cultures, values, configurations, and beliefs.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of child development, best practices, and current trends in physical education.
- Demonstrated classroom management skills, including time, space, and materials for most effective learning.
- Experience in differentiated instruction.
- Creativity and innovation in both curriculum and instruction.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Skill in creating a learning environment that is challenging, motivating, and age-appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education.
- Masters Degree and experience in gifted education preferred.
- Administrative experience preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,029 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Ivy League University
Grammar & Preparatory School
Sports Broadcasting Company
Men's Soccer League