Director of Communications & Publicity
- Ability to produce written content for multiple websites.
- Ability to act as a sports information/event results specialist and create the necessary articles, statistics recaps, and web content accordingly. Conducting Media Operations responsibilities including producing game notes, game photos, player headshots, stats monitoring, line-ups, etc.
- Ability to produce written content for stories pitched to local, regional, and national media outlets promoting the Team and Club accomplishments and community engagement activities.
- Experience to plan, budget, conduct, and execute press conferences and high-profile publicity events.
- Ability to thoroughly plan and execute, on-time, fan, and member e-newsletters.
- Ability to plan and execute on-site activities of media members, photographers, and videographers attending our events.
- Ability to learn, plan, manage, and execute new media partnerships to help the Team and Club grow its reach, frequency, awareness, and financial business.
- Ability to understand the brand(s) vision, mission and values, the associated traits & attributes and how to consistently present the brand(s) in the written executions.
- Ability to effectively write a wide breadth of tactical executions: including ad copy, press releases, training manuals, program overviews, website content, etc.
- Coordinating & executing media relations including player appearances, coach interviews, press conferences, gameday press operations, etc.
- Ability to plan press events with great detail and execute those events in a high quality, professional manner.
- Ability to pitch sports, human interest, and business stories to press members and secure strong turnouts and coverage of our newsworthy events and releases.
- Ability to work collaboratively, effectively manage assigned employees, and to take direction and execute accordingly.
- Supply local television and sports radio outlets with content to run on their broadcasts.
- Manage and Team and Club owned media shows with planning contents, guests, etc. and ensuring the execution of the shows is done with exceptional professionalism.
- Keep an on-going email content calendar that includes at a minimum the campaigns for ticket sales initiatives, sponsorship obligations, merchandise sales, and t.v. broadcasting tune-in.
- Provide email content calendar for weekly Sales & Marketing Meetings for participants to review and provide input and to keep everyone informed.
- Copy or screenshot all sponsorship elements you and your department execute and place an electronic copy in the Google Share drive location Sponsorship/Execution Docs/Recaps/Proof of Performance, as they are executed.
- Produce assigned game day materials such as Line-Up Cards, schedule and any other things as assigned.
- Ensure all areas of responsibility and appropriate are updated on event Runs Of Show documents as early as possible and at least 2 weeks in advance of the games.
- Manage company websites effectively and timely.
- Manage assigned budgets responsibly.
- Strong work ethic
- Flexibility and adaptability to an ever-evolving business
- Excellent external and internal customer service attitude
- Organized & ability to properly prioritize
- Energetic, enthusiastic and positive disposition
- Unwavering integrity
- Monday through Friday approximately 8AM to 5PM
- Game days, tourneys and special event hours vary
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,029 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Broadcasting Company