Assistant Sports Information Director
The Assistant will also be responsible for upkeep and maintenance of the website and social media accounts for the department with game management responsibilities for home events.
1. Assist in the management of the department’s digital engagement platforms including all websites and social media platforms
2. Interact with coaches and student-athletes to create engaging content for university and surrounding community to follow the University athletics
- Create infographics
- Create video content with interesting and creative motivations
- Write profile stories on coaches, recruits, current student-athletes
- Provide marketing and advertisement for athletic events
3. Prepare media releases to communicate with the general public news and information about the university’s athletics program and teams.
4. Serve as a public relations agent for the Department of Athletics in developing positive relations with media representatives from the electronic and print media.
5. Assist with production of media guides, publications, and game-day materials for all sports.
6. Assist in management of the press box/scorer’s table at various on-campus sporting events or assign coverage of this function to other relevant parties.
7. Participate in maintenance of all portions of the athletics web site.
8. Ensure gender equity in areas of sport coverage and marketing.
1. Bachelor’s degree with a preferred concentration in a related area.
2. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications including but not limited to: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Adobe InDesign and Adobe After Effects.
3. Demonstrated experience with various statistics software including DakStats for different sports, as well as a comfortability using Production Truck and StretchInternet.
4. Candidates should have a basic knowledge of photography and videography.
5. Experience in establishing relationships with various local and national media outlets.
6. Demonstrated skill in multi-tasking, organization and planning.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Demonstrated successful record of working with a diverse student, faculty and staff community.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,992 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private University (GA)