Head Coach Women's Crew
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Provides leadership to team that achieves academic and athletic success on a consistent basis. Head coach monitors academic progress; develops training programs that are safe and effective for student-athletes; schedules games and practices in accordance with College policies; coordinates travel arrangements; oversees selection of team equipment and apparel; coordinates video analysis; develops game strategies; completes reports; and maintains records as required.
- Coordinates recruitment of student-athletes. Head coach identifies talented, academically qualified prospective student-athletes; effectively communicates with high school coaches, prospects and parents; and supports key applicants within admissions and financial aid offices.
- Provides leadership to program. Maintains an environment that reflects the department's commitment to excellence, integrity, respect and leadership. Collaborates with sport administrator and/or Director of Athletics to develop annual goals for the program.
- Communicates program's needs and concerns responsibly and in timely manner. Attends workshops, training sessions and meetings required for head coaches by the College and the conference.
- Responsible for administration of all phases of the program, including monitoring team budget, completing expense reports, and conducting sports camps and/or clinics.
- Participates in marketing and fundraising initiatives. Engages in special events to generate interest within the College community, alumni, and region.
- Oversees operational activities of assistant coaches and prepares annual evaluations for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned by sport supervisor and/or Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous coaching experience required, preferably at the Division I level.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Computer and video editing skills strongly encouraged.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,101 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Professional Ice Hockey Team
Private College (MA)
Roman Catholic College (PA)
Private, Coed College (NY)