- Oversee and manage the entire payroll and timekeeping process including reviewing, validating and reconciling payroll data to ensure accurate payroll payments, reporting and records for all staff.
- Develop and maintain payroll policies, procedures, checklists, and controls to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Analyze, audit, reconcile and quickly resolve payroll and timekeeping issues to ensure compliance with governmental, labor agreements, and corporate policy.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Oversee the maintenance of employee payroll records to ensure accuracy and thoroughness in compliance with local, state, federal and ACA Laws.
- Support Human Resources with the administration of the 401(k) plan and matching process.
- Assist the Finance team in reconciling payroll accounts.
- Assist VP of Finance with projecting and analyzing staffing costs, and "settlement" of any labor costs.
- Lead other special projects as requested by Finance or Human Resources.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of overall payroll experience with payroll processing.
- Advanced knowledge of HR/Payroll processes and systems that help administer or control pay programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholder teams, such as HR, Operations, Legal and Technology.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and ambiguous environment; handle multiple tasks with the ability to re-prioritize and shift priorities quickly.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail and results orientation are required.
- Written/Oral communications - ability to speak and write clearly and concisely, get messages across that have the desired effect.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance, preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Prior experience managing collective bargain agreement payroll processes.
- Multi-state payroll tax experience.
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,110 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Professional Ice Hockey Team
Professional Ice Hockey Team