Head Men's Lacrosse Coach
Specific tasks performed:
- Responsible for administration of all phases of the program, including monitoring team budget, scholarship distribution, player management, scheduling, compliance, expense reports, game day operations, and conducting camps and/or clinics.
- Provide an organized recruiting strategy of student-athletes for the Men's Lacrosse program.
- Coordinate with athletic administration on eligibility requirements to ensure full compliance with NCAA rules and regulations. Provides administration of financial aid for both prospective and enrolled student athletes.
- Monitor student-athlete academic performance and utilizes campus resources to assist in student athlete academic progress.
- Coordinate travel (ex: bus/air, hotel, meals, etc.) and organizes supervision of players while on the road.
- Oversee operational activities of assistant coaches, provides professional development opportunities, and prepares annual coaching evaluations.
- Attend and participate in department and staff meetings as requested/required.
- Participate in fundraising initiatives. Engage in special events to generate interest within the College community, parents, and alumni.
- Collaborate with sport administrator and/or Director of Athletics to develop annual goals for the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and/or sport supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of coaching and teaching techniques to effectively create and establish program culture.
- Knowledge of recruiting techniques and the ability to effectively use them.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required, master's degree is preferred.
- Three years' experience coaching softball at the collegiate level is required.
- Proven successful recruiting of quality student-athletes.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, demonstrated knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision, the ability to effectively coordinate recruiting activities, and the ability to maintain team discipline and instill proper ethical and moral standards.
- Valid driver's license required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,962 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
College Athletics (NY)
Private College (MA)
Ivy League College