Loading Dock Manager
- Oversees daily loading dock management which includes logistics of all vehicle movement, vendor services (waste, recycling, grease, etc.), deliveries, short-term storage, and utility cart parking.
- Manage all shipping and receiving for the facility, building tenants and third-party vendors. Including security screening of all received packages. Responsible for recording, storing and delivery of mail/packages to respective office managers or mail recipients.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Responsible for organization and upkeep of all equipment and vehicles utilized for loading dock, event setup and venue operations, including but not limited to; forklifts, utility carts, pallet jacks, motorized, lifts, tugs, etc.,
- Assist with event setups, load-in/load-out and stadium changeovers as needed by the Event Production department.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by Administration or Operations department heads.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
- Forklift certifications (Required)
- Knowledge of event set-up, load-in/load-out and loading dock operations
- Knowledge of loading dock scheduling software.
- Thorough knowledge of operations and safety machinery
- Ability to operate basic office equipment and have working knowledge of computer operations including but not limited to MS Office and other business systems
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks, effecting timely solutions to unanticipated client focused issues
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadlines or pressure.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on event operational needs.
- Must be able to operate specialized lifts, machinery, jacks, radios and company vehicles.
- Must be able to pull carts over 500lbs
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs
- Must be able to sit, bend, stand, stoop, climb, grasp, stretch and walk for long periods of time
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,962 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime