Tennis Coach / Manager Fitness Center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage recruitment of prospective qualified student-athletes.
- Ensure rules and regulations set forth by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and conference are maintained, reviewed and practiced.
- Maintain competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques and general information about all aspects of tennis.
- Maintain accurate statistics, records and results of season.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times; establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual athletes.
- Organize and plan all practice sessions, game strategies, on and off season conditioning programs.
- Monitor academic progress an retention of all tennis student athletes.
- Supervise, coordinate, and manage the daily operation of the athletic, physical education, intramural activities, fitness, and wellness facilities on the assigned campus to include gym, dance studio, weight room, racquetball courts, and other on-campus facilities used for student activities.
- Assist in the development of budget and expenditures for the men's and women's tennis program.
- Inspect the facilities, including locker rooms to ensure safe and sanitary conditions. Communicate with appropriate campus Plant Operations personnel regarding custodial and facilities maintenance issues.
- Keep statistics on all injuries that occur in the facility and produce quarterly and annual safety reports. Safety concerns should be addressed immediately with the Dean, Associate Dean, Athletic Director and direct supervisor. Report all injuries according to the appropriate processes and procedures of the College.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of rules and regulations related to public police record maintenance and storage
- Knowledge of customer service methods and techniques
- Knowledge of computers and related equipment, hardware, and software applications to the area assigned
- Knowledge of department policies, orders, and programs, as well as policies and procedures of outside agencies with whom the department interacts
- Knowledge of specific equipment and supplies
- Skill in effective oral and written communication
- Skill in entering, retrieving, copying, tracking, and storing police records, files, and reports
- Skill in preparing, editing, and developing responses to politically sensitive or confidential correspondence
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns
- Ability to be flexible with the ability to multi-task and and work efficiently with multiple interruptions
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to be self-motivated to meet deadlines under pressure
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,962 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (TX)