Assistant Coach Cross Country/Track
- Skills, characteristics, education and experience
- Possess a philosophy of coaching and education that fits the mission of the University and the mission of the Athletics.
- Ability to interact and represent the University well with a diverse constituency of students, faculty, and alumni.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Evidence of sound organizational and communication skills.
- 1-2 years of experience coaching distance runners at the high school and or college level.
- Four years of collegiate distance running may be used to substitute work experience.
- Experience with DirectAthletics, JumpForward and TeamWorks preferred.
- Recruiting experience also preferred.
- Conducts practices and meets
- Provides leadership and guidance necessary for a positive competitive environment for the Student Athletes.
- Assists with in-season physical and mental preparation.
- Organize team meetings for distribution of athletic information forms, sports information forms, NCAA student-athlete statements and drug policy.
- Maintain regular contact with Head Coach with regard to transportation, field/track preparation and condition, budgets and meet preparation.
- Responsible for team travel arrangements and funds for travel.
- Confirms the status and health of student-athletes with training room staff.
- Provides for academic support and retention for Student Athletes
- Monitors academic progress of Student Athletes (academics are first priority).
- Provide academic support and retention for student-athletes.
- Assures compliance with NCAA and BIG EAST Conference rules and regulations
- Communicates regularly with Head Coach concerning admissions, eligibility, recruiting and any other procedures relating to the sport.
- Assists Head Coach with maintaining team roster and reports changes throughout the season to Head Coach.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,902 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Media Organization
The MLB Franchise LLC