Assistant Softball Coach (Hitting)
- Plan and oversee all hitting drills and instruction, implement hitting technology (HitTrax, Sydex Bats, etc.), conduct hitting research and apply knowledge through various platforms.
- Assist the head softball coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Provide an overall positive educational environment for our Student-Athletes conducive to learning, athletic development, social growth, and preparing them for life beyond college.
- Aid the athletic advising program in the supervision of the academic progress of the team, implementing corrective action plans through appropriate staff.
- Assist head coach in preparing for and conducting all team-related activities including skill instruction, sport strategy and competitive opportunities.
- Coach and instruct student-athletes individually and in groups, and demonstrate game techniques and skills required to be successful at softball.
- Plan and attend coaching and practice sessions, games, tournaments, etc. in accordance with NCAA and conference regulations for specified positions.
- Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student-athletes to support the image and reputation of the department and university.
- Responsible for the development, safety and conduct of the student-athletes within the sport program.
- Assist in the administration of the entire sport program, including, but not limited to daily practices, game planning and implementation, recruiting, equipment management, facilities scheduling, and budget.
- Perform both direct and indirect public relations functions including promotion, public speaking, community events, and through camps and/or clinics.
- Serve on departmental/campus committees as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated softball skills, game and training strategies plus teaching progressions.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills through oral, written and electronic forms.
- Minimum of two years as a collegiate coach and recruiter is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of and compliance with NCAA rules is required.
- Candidates must be able to work with a diverse group of student-athletes, coaches, support staff, and administrators.
- Candidates must also be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and be able to travel as assigned by the Head Coach.
- This position requires the operation of a motor vehicle as part of the job responsibilities. A valid driver's license and successful completion of the University-required background checks are required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,962 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (OR)