Assistant Baseball Coach, NCAA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand and agree to abide by the mission and the Athletics Department.
- Assists with the design of workout programs and training routines to improve athletic performance.
- Assists as directed with implementing and supervising athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
- Participates in various fundraising, marketing, and promotion activities.
- May perform administrative duties including ordering and maintaining equipment, monitoring budgets, and initiating correspondence.
- Assist in planning the training of the team for season, along with weights and conditioning.
- Assist with field maintenance.
- Act as travel coordinator for the team.
- Keep records on practice hours.
- Display good sportsmanship in relationship with students, staff, officials and opponents as consistent with NCAA policies regarding the principle of sportsmanship and ethical conduct.
- Maintain up-to-date information of sport regulations, rule changes, and NCAA policies.
- Effectively manage time in a demanding work environment.
- A valid California Class B driver's license may be required.
- Assist with scouting.
- Adhere to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
- Ensure the physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes.
- Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes.
- Support the head coach in monitoring and reinforcing all NCAA bylaws and procedures.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Knowledge of strengthening and conditioning programs and routines.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to read and follow technical instructions and manuals.
- Skills in the use of first aid procedures.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Assist the head coach in effectively arranging home and away contests according to conference and NCAA requirements and submit travel paperwork and NCAA pass lists on time.
- Ability to travel, including domestic/international air travel, and work nights/weekends.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NCAA experience preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,962 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Christian University
Collegiate Sports (OR)