Assistant Football Coach
Summary of Position:
The Assistant Football Coach will be responsible for assisting in recruiting and coaching members of the Football Team. This is a defensive coaching position. The position is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by the NCAA at the Division II level.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree within a year from date of hire.
Required Work Experience:
- One year of college coaching experience or 3 years of head coach experience at a major high school.
- A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept and a working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Maintain knowledge and rules of NCAA in all aspects as it relates to this position
- Recruits student-athletes and completes necessary compliance paperwork with regard to recruiting.
- Assists in study hall or academic counseling sessions
- Maintain knowledge of defensive coaching strategies
- Assist with pre/post workouts
- Provides academic/personal counseling of position players
- Compiles and reviews accountability sheets and visits with players on a weekly and monthly basis as needed
- Assists in development of defensive game planning.
- Assists in organization and development of game day call sheet
- Assists with practice planning with other members of coaching staff
- Advises coaching strategies for special teams
- Utilizes summer camp exposure as positive public relations work for the institution
- Assist in management and coordination of staff meetings and practice schedules.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,962 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
College Athletic Department