Assistant Coach, Cross Country
The applicant will assist the Head Cross Country Coach in all of the following:
- Recruiting prospective scholar-athletes
- Organizing and conducting practices
- Scouting opponents
- Designing training programs
- Utilizing social media platforms, and organizing competitive, social, and fundraising events.
- They will also assist with administrative responsibilities, including scheduling, budgeting, inventory, the coordination of team, professional & recruit travel, and team equipment purchases.
- The applicant should have successful recruiting experience with student-athletes that are at a high-academic and high-athletic level and have the ability to evaluate the skills, abilities, character and potential of prospective student-athletes to be successful within the athletics program
- The incumbent is responsible for conducting all activities in compliance with NCAA, Big West and University rules and regulations.
~ A complete application will include an online application, resume and cover letter.
- A Bachelor's Degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience to demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in both academics and athletics, as well as to understand the needs of students balancing the requirements of academics and athletics.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of sound principles and rules governing Cross Country -personal cross country experience at the NCAA or NAIA level.
- Recruiting experience with student-athletes that are at a high-academic and high-athletic level.
- Demonstrated ability to teach specified sport to individuals and the team as a whole.
- Ability to follow work schedule as outlined by Head Coach and department.
- Proven ability to use all athletic equipment and computer software programs needed to perform job duties.
- Strong writing skills to prepare clearly understandable correspondence and reports.
- Good interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility.
- Outstanding leadership, management, and interpersonal skills to relate to a wide diversity of faculty, staff, students and community members.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,902 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Community College (CA)