Senior Director of Human Resources
- Oversee, monitor and develop HR strategies, policies and practices that support the Club's goals and needs, and that create a diverse, respectful, welcoming and inclusive work environment for all employees.
- In partnership with management, lead strategic thinking and planning related to organizational development and structure.
- Oversee and coordinate administrative staff recruiting and selection process, with special emphasis on expanding the recruiting network to attract a diverse pool of candidates of the highest caliber.
- Monitor compensation and benefits to ensure equitable treatment.
- Design and implement strategies, including ongoing education and training programs, to build the capacity of staff to work effectively, respectfully and equitably across race, ethnicity, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender orientation and expression and other social identities and diversity segments.
- Work closely with leadership to implement effective staff orientation and on-boarding programs, in addition to coaching, counseling and training/professional development opportunities.
- Create strategies that encourage team building and increase communication across administrative departments and between administration and football areas.
- Develop and implement strategies for recognizing employee value and appreciation.
- Monitor club's culture to ensure that it supports the Club's mission, values and goals.
- Work with legal counsel to ensure company compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements. Keep job knowledge up to date by participating in industry-related organizations and conferences, and maintaining and expanding professional networks.
- With the assistance of the VP of Finance & HR, recommend and obtain cost-effective employee benefits and monitor national benefits environment for options and cost savings. Oversee benefit orientations and training as needed.
- Formalize and oversee internship program with an emphasis on broadening the diversity of the students participating.
- Manage HR operations and systems, including development of an annual HR budget and goals.
- Oversee and manage HRIS system.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in human resources, organizational development or related field.
- Five plus years of leadership experience and responsibilities in human resources positions.
- Broad knowledge of and experience in organizational development, employee relations, recruiting, coaching and training.
- Experience, and a strong passion for, establishing programs that train and educate employees and managers to foster and support a diverse and inclusive environment in the workplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively within a multi-faceted sports organization while effecting and leading change where needed.
- Experience in successfully advancing organizational diversity, inclusion and equity strategies in a complex organization.
- Specialized training in organizational development, employment law, compensation, employee relations and staff training a plus.
- Active affiliation with a broad range of professional networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred.
- Experience with Ceridian (Dayforce) HRIS system a plus.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential a plus.
- A high level of discretion, tact and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,912 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Minor League Ice Hockey Team