Sports Information Graduate Assistant
- The graduate assistant is primarily responsible for assisting in the media, promotional, and statistical coverage of 16 intercollegiate sports.
- The graduate assistant will be the primary media contact for selected sports and assist in all others.
- Duties include writing news releases, designing, editing and maintaining the university's official website, and preparing game-day programs as well as other athletics communication materials.
- The graduate assistant also is active in keeping statistics for selected sports, event management, and other duties as assigned.
- The graduate assistant works closely with the coaches of both the men's and women's athletic programs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- The graduate assistant in this position will develop skills in human relations, supervision skills, public presentations, and communication and documentation skills.
- Candidate must be available for evening and weekend events and comply with University, Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Acceptance into the University Graduate School; must maintain a 6-12 hour course load per semester
- Evidence of sound organizational skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to interact effectively with student-athletes, colleagues, and the public
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication skills
- Outstanding computer skills
- Previous intercollegiate athletics sports information experience
- Graphic design and/or Photoshop & InDesign knowledge
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,914 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Central Region School