Assistant Track and Field Coach
- Recruiting and retaining qualified students to help take the program forward, monitor their academic performance and hold study tables in order to help athletes progress successfully towards completion and graduation.
- Coaching and supervising the track and field teams during scheduled practices, games and other events linked to the track and field program.
- Maintaining responsibility for expense control and compliance with all program expenditures, staying with budget.
- Assist the program with all NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist in developing strategies to motivate maximum level of individual and team athletic performance required to build and maintain a competitive, high quality NJCAA program.
- Develop strategies to ensure a safe environment for the athletes.
- Promoting the athletic program both on-campus and off-campus and actively participating in and contributing professionally to the athletic department.
- Planning and conducting campus and other fundraising coordinated with the Head Coach.
- Fulfilling other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach or Athletic Director.
- Perform in a manner which strengthens the coordination and cooperation of all organizational components of the College, including opportunities for student recruitment.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university
- Coaching experience or demonstrated ability to coach college
- Ability to recruit and retain qualified student athletes
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective computer skills
- Effective human relations and ability to communicate with varying age groups
- Ability to raise funds with the community
- Valid driver's license
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience competing or coaching college track and field
- Thorough knowledge of NJCAA compliance
- Sprints and hurdles knowledge/experience
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,944 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Public University (IL)
Private Liberal Arts College (MI)
Public University (OH)
Private Catholic University (MN)