- Along with the Controller, oversee the operations of the accounting department and organizational structure to ensure achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Maintain general ledger and prepare month-end and year-end close procedures.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are recorded in a timely, accurate fashion and in compliance with current accounting policies,
- Reconcile account balances and bank statements.
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivables processes and workflow.
- Manage and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Manage relationships with outside auditors; coordinate the preparation of the annual audited financial statements and work papers.
- Prepare audit work papers and perform analysis of accounts.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Make recommendations on ways to improve department efficiency and spending.
- Assess risk of current financial practices and procedures; make recommendations.
- Assist senior leadership with the preparation of their annual departmental budgets.
- Review variances to operating budget and report significant issues to senior leadership and budget owners.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Monitor industry accounting trends to establish and implement best practices.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare tax work papers for outside accountants.
- Assist with Controller in the supervision and training of accounting staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Relevant certification (CPA), a plus
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an Accounting Manager or similar accounting role
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Experience with Great Plains software; a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint),
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task on a daily basis with shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently, exercise judgment and make sound decisions that will have a financial impact on the company.
- Team player with independent initiative.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,912 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports & Entertainment
Sports & Entertainment
Sports & Entertainment LLC