Head Tennis Coach, Women’s (Part-Time)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Responsible for administering all aspects of the tennis program including but not limited to:
- Quality coaching and instruction
- Team travel arrangements
- Maintaining equipment
- Community service initiatives
- Supervising assistants
- Monitoring academic progress of student-athletes
- And fulfilling other such duties as they arise or as assigned.
- Required to be thoroughly familiar with and comply with all University, Department, NCAA, and CACC policies, rules and regulations, and disseminate such information to assistant coaches and student-athletes, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with and provide all necessary information to the Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance and ensure all NCAA and CACC rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Model good sportsmanship behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards student-athletes, fans, parents, officials, spectators and community.
- Foster a healthy environment for student-athletes while promoting sportsmanship and ethical behavior.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of, and adhering to, deadlines and specific dates for the timely completion of all forms and related materials.
- Effectively manage and strictly adhere to travel, recruiting, scholarship and departmental budgets. Obtain approval from the Athletic Director, in advance of any variance.
- Collaborate with Strength & Conditioning Coach/Athletic Training Staff to ensure the physical health, safety and well-being of student-athletes.
- Provide on-site supervision during all team activities.
- Responsible for developing and executing fundraising initiatives and events.
- In addition to the primary duties, this position will also perform administrative duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Travel, and work at various hours of the day or night, including early morning, overnight and weekend work is required.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and skill in use of a computers and software applications; Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner.
- Ability to relate to a diverse population and to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and follow multiple projects/tasks to completion, on time and within budget.
- Ability to promote a positive atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation within the athletics department and campus community.
- Effectively supervise the work of others.
- Effectively identify and resolve problems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- A minimum of two years’ college level coaching and recruiting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II Rules and Regulations.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,105 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Roman Catholic College (PA)