Case Manager, Athletics
- Assisting students to reliably connect to community providers and resources
- Coordinating referrals between university, community, state, regional, and nationwide service providers
- Triaging clients through brief clinical assessments to determine level of care and disposition
- Intervening with students in crisis and providing support, resources, and information
- Contacting insurance companies
- Keeping an up-to-date database of community referrals
- Providing individual counseling, group counseling, supervision and outreach as needed assisting the Assistant Director, Clinical Behavioral Health in maintaining a successful case management system
- The position will also assist with the overall mental health component of the Center for Sport.
- Responsibilities may include: clinical and coordination of services management, patient assessment, treatment planning and coordination, multidisciplinary staffing, case management and ongoing program monitoring and development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience providing case management, crisis intervention, brief assessment/triage, and care coordination to young adults and/or college students.
- Experience in high demand outpatient or inpatient health settings.
- Ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of mental health providers.
- Experience proving culturally competent care to a diverse client population.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities, and treatment procedures. This includes: acute, chronic, and traumatic illness/injuries; common medications and their effects/side effects; medical terminology. Knowledge and use of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the APA (DSM-5) is required.
- Knowledge of community resources, how to make appropriate referrals to community and other agencies for services, and ability to coordinate services.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team of mental health clinicians.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with campus personnel, such as professionals in academic affairs and other student services providers.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a large system, and to participate and collaborate effectively in a large mental health services agency.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,944 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
University Athletics Department
Collegiate Sports Administration
Private High School