The Event Manager will manage every aspect of their events from the advance planning stages through the end of the event.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and facilitating the logistics of events throughout the XTREAM Arena / Green State Fieldhouse, supporting events in Coral Ridge Ice Arena as required
- Develop and control event budgets including preparing pre-show event financial estimates and completing post-show financial settlements based on contractual requirements working with the Director of Finance.
- Responsible for overseeing hourly guest service, security, parking personnel to ensure seamless execution of events.
- Interview, hire, train, mentor, and manage scheduling of a base of event part time employees
- Correct employee deficiencies as required, implement disciplinary procedures as required, suspend employees or recommend termination as required; discussing escalated matters with the Director / GM
- Plan and assign workload for part time staff to ensure professional and polished event execution
- Ensure timely and accurate event information is provided to the Director Finance for settlement / invoicing
- Detail event for client approval and internal communication by creating event documents in web-based platforms
- Utilize ADP timekeeping software to ensure timely entering of employee schedules; making and communicating any updates as needed.
- Be present for the majority of events at XTREAM Arena
- Assist internal and external clients with event logistics and suggest the most effective ways to use the facility for specific types of functions.
- Exercises discretion and utilizes independent decision-making during events that will best represent the company and serve the client.
- Ensure that all event insurance certificates, licenses and permits required for production are obtained in a timely manner, including local permits, ordinances and traffic control
- Advance and communicates all event information to appropriate departments and staff
- Troubleshoot during event preparation and during event to ensure that all event setups are correct including making decisions about policy, procedures, billing and staffing
- Oversee work and communicate with on-site contractors / subcontractors / temp employees as required
- Act as facility manager on duty as required
- Communicates in a timely fashion any/all problems and proposed solutions to the Director / GM
- Receives and responds to complaints from tenants and the public or refers them to the Director / GM
- Prepares timely event reports noting attendance, times, significant problems, etc.
- Ensure collection of all payable by due dates
- Finalizes lessee requirements including table arrangements and number and nature of support personnel (guest services, security, caterers & decorators)
- Maintain superior interpersonal relations with clients, employees, management, contractors, and
- temporary employees
- Must work on-site for assigned events, maintain excellent attendance, and contribute to a safe & healthy work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in facility management, event management, or related field; experience will be considered in lieu of education
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of general functions of event management, facility management, client relations, supervisory roles. Similar experience in large facility environment helpful.
- Demonstrated understanding of supervisory principles, with emphasis on motivating and training staff
- Proficient computer skills in a Windows format. Experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, internet-based programs, and basic typing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally in all communications along with maintaining a well-groomed appearance
- Ability to effectively be available via a company provided cell phone, email, text as required.
- Ability to effectively lead a team in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, professionally in-person and in-writing
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and with a team. Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work an event-driven schedule including shifts of 8 hours or more; varying days, nights, weekends and holidays
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,912 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime