Senior Director of Security
- Develop and oversee strategic safety plans with the objective of managing risk at large scale music events, sporting events, community events and beyond with a Fan First mindset.
- Build out an arena safety platform to support approximately 50 NHL games, 20 WNBA games, 80 major music/entertainment events, and 25 miscellaneous events each year.
- Manage and oversee 10+ full-time security officers, 100+ part-time security officers, and all Third-Party Security associates (event support).
- Develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive security programs to ensure appropriate levels of security, safety, privacy, and recovery of company assets, including investigations, loss prevention, physical arena security management, commercial tenants, and patrons.
- Direct and develop security roadmaps and strategies to effectively manage risk, respond to incidents, maintain continuity of operations, and safeguard the organization, its employees and customer.
- Work with leadership team to implement an overall security program including programs for the physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Develop and implement workplace violence / active shooter prevention program, this includes creation of employee training and coordination of escalation procedures and protocols for leadership
- Ensures strong collaboration for the achievement of security goals including but not limited to maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g., IT, Senior Management, Human Resources, Risk Management and related law enforcement and government agencies)
- Takes a leadership role in the on-going process of integrating and embedding an appropriate security risk consciousness into the corporate culture, through enhancing processes used to analyze business strategies and initiatives.
- Lead the development of key metrics that accurately capture key performance indicators (KPIs) detailing overall program compliance and program effectiveness.
- Manage the development and implementation of an industry standard risk framework, global security policy, standards, guidelines, and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
- Work with senior management and personnel to design and develop effective disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Oversee security incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches, as necessary.
- Work with outside consultants and vendors as appropriate for independent security audits.
- Develop and implement an ongoing risk assessment program targeting information security and privacy matters, recommend methods for vulnerability detection and remediation, and oversee vulnerability testing.
- 10+ years’ experience with a corporation and/or law enforcement, military, intelligence, or private security organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited university
- Experience managing Event Security at large-scale events in a stadium or concert setting of a similar size (18,000 seats).
- Developed and oversaw Emergency Evacuation Planning, Policies and Procedures.
- Solid expertise of Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) Systems.
- Proven ability to think strategically with a willingness to roll up sleeves and execute on projects
- Experience in relationship management including law enforcement, government agencies, and other partners.
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,945 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Professional Ice Hockey Team
Professional Ice Hockey TEam
Pro Soccer Team