Head Women's Rowing Coach
- Conduct individual and group instruction in sport-specific skills on and off the water, as well as conducting instruction related to strength and conditioning training activities
- Develop and manage a competitive schedule for the team, including practice, training, conditioning and varsity competition.
- Develop and oversee all aspects of training preparation, such as practice plans for team training and practice sessions; data analysis from practice and competition to include in individual and group instruction, etc.
- Administer and direct student athletes and staff at all competitions in order to provide instruction; assist with athlete preparation and execution; including strategy, data collection and continual coaching.
- Conduct individual, small group, and team meetings to provide skill and sport-related performance development instruction to students (video/data review).
- Teach, lead, motivate and guide student-athletes.
- Oversee and guide the instruction provided by the assistant coaches.
- Oversee recruitment and retention of novice rowers.
- Understand, uphold, and champion the University’s academic standards, requirements, and policies.
- In coordination with academic support staff, assist student athletes in identifying academic resources, in satisfying graduation requirements and attaining degrees.
- Basic knowledge for how to use social media platforms to promote program
- Understand, comply with, and monitor compliance by all assistant coaches, other staff, and student athletes in the program with all applicable rules and regulations of the NCAA, the West Coast Conference (WCC), the University and any other applicable organization or conference.
- Immediately advise of known or suspected violations and cooperate in investigations as needed.
- Develop and oversee all aspects of recruitment efforts to attract high quality student athletes with a commitment to academic success.
- Recruit, select, manage, and supervise coaching and other staff for the program, including assistant coach(es).
- Supervisory responsibilities include hiring processes, setting of expectations, training and professional development, performance management and evaluations, and disciplinary processes including termination of employment.
- Manage all aspects of the program’s budget.
- Oversee procurement, management, and maintenance of necessary equipment and facilities.
- Develop community support by maintaining and cultivating effective relationships with governing boards, associations, conferences, committees, institutional alumni, the media, the public, students, faculty, staff and friends of the University with respect to the program’s undertakings.
- Engage in fundraising activities.
- Engage in other activities related to future growth of the program.
- Plan and implement programs to develop and enhance community and alumni support.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,912 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Community College (CA)