Director of Athletics
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- To ensure that all coaches are performing their duties at the very highest level of professionalism.
- To ensure that all coaching positions are filled with competent coaches who are properly trained in all organizational and philosophical aspects of the athletic program.
- To ensure the proper maintenance and security of all athletic equipment and athletic facilities, fields and courts, working in coordination with the Director of Support Services/Maintenance.
- To organize (and submit to the director of marketing) regular information on the various programs for public recognition of athletic achievements.
- To prepare, submit, and administer a budget each year to fund the athletic programs of the school.
- To provide the scheduling of all athletic contests, arrange for athletic transportation, and hire all game officials.
- To represent the school at the Virginia Independent Conference; various state, regional and national athletic associations.
- To maintain records of team and individual athletic accomplishments and submit copies of same to the development office for historical purposes.
- To maintain and revise the coaches’ manual each year and set up appropriate meetings with the coaches to review the information and standards in detail.
- A Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in related field (ie Sports Management, Organizational Leadership, or Education Administration) preferred.
- Experience at an Independent Boarding School as a coach and staff member
- Experience and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, coaches, and faculty.
- Experience in supervising professional development of coaches
- Demonstrated success in mediation & relationship building between players, coaches, and the community.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to the academic and residential life components of a boarding school program
- Understanding of NCAA Initial Eligibility requirements
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,037 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Event Facility
Ice Hockey Team