Volleyball Associate Coach, NCAA
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Represent the team, department and university in a positive, professional and ethical manner; be appropriately responsive to community service, marketing, fund-raising, and media requests, as assigned.
- Assist the head coach in the development of a competitively successful team, which represents the university positively and responsibly, and provides student-athletes the opportunity for a positive experience and climate in which to achieve their academic, athletic, and personal goals. This includes developing instructional plans for individual student-athletes, student-athletes in various events/positions, and for the entire team; and within these instructional plans, addressing any special needs/issues as identified by the coaching staff.
- Organize and effectively manage recruiting efforts, as assigned, of productive student-athletes who have the ability to be academically and athletically successful.
- Assist the head coach in providing leadership and instruction in the academic, personal, and athletic development of student-athletes, to include counseling team members in academic, citizenship, sportsmanship and personal matters, as assigned. Foster a team environment, which supports appropriate behavior and sports-like conduct of all participants.
- Effectively organize and manage assigned administrative responsibilities, which meet departmental expectations within the appropriate and applicable guidelines and policies. Represent the team, department, and university in a positive, professional, and ethical manner. Preform other duties as specified in coach's employment agreement and as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of coaching experience or equivalent.
- Certifications in CPR, first aid, and AED, which the department can provide the opportunity to receive if not currently obtained or is expired.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,831 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime