Assistant Coach Women's Ice Hockey
- Provide support to the head coach in effectively recruiting qualified and talented student-athletes from a global perspective.
- Cultivate a good rapport with coaches and area scouts.
- Strategically develop a recruiting plan aimed at attracting individuals that possess the combination of elite hockey talent, exemplary character and are academically qualified hockey student-athletes to the University.
- Organize, plan and direct recruits on their campus visits.
- Possess an understanding of current NCAA recruiting rules and regulations.
- Monitor the eligibility of incoming first year student-athletes, while collaborating with the Athletic Department's compliance officer regarding status of these student-athletes within the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Provide primary support to the head coach with planning and implementation of team practice plans while providing a productive teaching environment during on and off ice training.
- Play an intricate role in assisting the head coach with game plan preparations and game day coaching.
- Provide analysis and feedback to head coach on observations before, during and after competition.
- Communicate with all coaches during game regarding individual and team performance, tactics and opponents.
- Assist the head coach with on/off ice player development programs. Assist with individual player development skills and coordinate effective video use for individual and team development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years coaching experience (preferable at the college level)
- Ability to effectively communicate, problem solve, react under pressure, work with female student-athletes and motivate.
- Ability to foster relations with internal staff and student-athletes.
- Ability to manage and maintain confidential and private information; uses confidential, sensitive and/or private records and information, protects information appropriately.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and electronic communications skills, including the ability to convey complex information in accessible terms to diverse or multicultural groups.
- Computer proficiency using software and enterprise systems appropriate for the complexities of the role and its functions.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,890 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (NY)