Assistant Athletics Director for Facilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee a staff of 6 people; including executing performance evaluations, staff management, and forecasting department staffing needs.
- Coordinate daily activities of varsity and recreation facilities, including: scheduling and assigning work to staff and directing and leading completion of assigned work.
- Monitor work and project activity progress, make necessary changes and perform quality assurance checks.
- Coordinate activities, construction, and renovation with Stanford staff, subcontractors, and/or vendors.
- Support assigned project activities; ensure compliance with larger unit goals.
- Coordinate health and safety programs and training.
- Track budget for varsity and recreation facilities, and provide time and workforce needs and estimates to Associate Athletics Director for Facilities & Housing based on cost analyses; ensure work is completed according to stipulated price and agreement.
- Collaborate with University officials and outside vendors.
- Clarify and resolve problems in coordination with Associate Athletics Director for Facilities & Housing
- Handle asset renewal program for maintain all facilities
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A combination of education, training and experience performing responsibilities similar to those listed above.
- Great communication skills and positive relationships with outside groups, students, faculty, and staff.
- Knowledge of environmental and safety rules, regulations, and policies. Ability to conduct job site inspections to ensure compliance.
- Ability to coordinate daily activities including work scheduling, quality assurance, program validation, monitoring of maintenance and facility activities, and supervision of personnel.
- Demonstrated experience working with subcontractors/vendors and demonstrated ability to monitor project activities and ensure compliance with internal/external regulations.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting policies.
- Must have the ability to work on deadline and handle several responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of current field trends and technologies.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions and communicate those instructions to others.
- Significant independent judgment and self-motivation.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,890 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports & Entertainment