Performance Nutrition Coordinator
- Works with Manager, Performance Nutrition to develop, implement and monitor innovative and evidence-based practical nutrition strategies tailored to the requirements of world-class MMA athletes.
- Delivers individual and group nutrition educational sessions to world-class MMA athletes.
- Actively promotes the importance of food to enhance performance.
- Supports athletes through longitudinal weight management, weight classification strategies, and ‘acute weight making and recovery tactics’ for the sport of mixed martial arts
- Engages with and supports continuous athlete education relating to anti-doping and USADA testing procedures.
- Develops third-party consultant relationships and forms strategic partnerships with industry leaders in performance nutrition and dietary supplementation.
- Develops and implements support systems to aid in athlete assessments, data collection, and management.
- Undertakes physiological assessments relating to performance nutrition; including DEXA, basal metabolic rate (BMR), and hydration monitoring.
- Strives to develop novel and innovative methodologies that serve to create world-leading working practices in the field of MMA-specific to nutrition.
- Ensures that the delivery of nutrition services effectively meets its commitment to athletes and coaches.
- Maintains a comprehensive, indexed database of work conducted with athletes and coaches.
- Works with other support staff to deliver an interdisciplinary approach to performance development.
- Participates in ad hoc projects and or applied research across the organization as appropriate.
- Within the rules of professional confidentiality, liaises with athletes, primary care managers, coaches and other support staff as appropriate.
- Graduate degree in Exercise Science, Nutrition, or another related curriculum required.
- 2+ years of experience in science, research, and sport nutrition fields.
- Practicing Registered Dietician (RD) or equivalent.
- Experience working effectively with athletes and coaches.
- Personal or professional experience in combat or contact sport is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of the demands of the MMA sport (i.e. physical, physiology, gender-specific, weight categories, weight management, travel requirements, etc.).
- Understanding of existing evidence-based research, and the implementation of new research areas to enhance the sport, athletes, and coaches.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,912 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime