Assistant Director of Strength & Conditioning
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing and coordinating a high level of strength and conditioning services to student-athletes to include oversight of the development of sport-specific conditioning programs for assigned teams that are scientifically-based
- Involve periodized/cycled regimen of exercises and drills to optimize strength, power, flexibility, mobility, agility, speed
- Work capacity-designed to enhance sport performance and decrease injury potential.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Participation in Performance Team Meetings as part of an overall performance philosophy and mindset within the Integrated Health and Sports Performance Unit
- Some weekend and holiday work will be required based on specific sport seasons and team travel schedules.
- This position requires occasional heavy lifting and the performance of strength and conditioning exercises.
- The successful candidate must have a bachelor's degree in Exercise Science, Physiology, Sport Science or a related field
- NCSA/CSCS certification and/or CSCCa/SCCC certification
- CPR and AED certified;
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2-3 years' experience training student-athletes at the collegiate level
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Must be proficient in the performance, instruction, assessment, evaluation and supervision of multiple weight lifting techniques and have the ability to effectively communicate with multiple parties within the athletics department and campus community.
- A positive attitude, growth mindset, demonstrated enthusiasm, positive energy and the ability to communicate and work collaboratively with members of the Integrated Health and Sports Performance Unit is required.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Master's degree, 3-5 years of experience and 2-3 years' of NCAA Division I experience, knowledge of High Performance/Olympic development model, previous experience working in a high performance unit and strong experience with excel, data collection and monitoring is also preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,820 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private University (DC)
Private University (KY)