Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years of related experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General tennis knowledge
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Travel required with assigned sport
- Nights, weekends and holidays as required to complete assigned duties
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree
- Set-up the season's travel itineraries. This requires a bidding process on buses, airline flights and hotels. The itineraries are based on the game time and consist of a flight, bus transportation, hotel reservations, practice time reservations and any site specific arrangements.
- Make all contracts for tournaments as well as home and home series. All guarantee games must be kept with in the overall budget. The contracts must be submitted to the Head Coach for approval and then a contract generated for the Athletic Director and his signature.
- Coordinate the managers program and the training of the managers. The managers program should consist of a head manager and several assistants. Hiring, payroll, and scheduling around classes are the main responsibilities.
- Organize and administrate recruiting weekends, including booking of the airline flight and the hotel room. The desired interviews and appointments are determined by the coaching staff. In addition, it is necessary to reserve places to eat, tours, and admissions to whatever function. The appropriate prospective student athlete forms and requirements must be filled out prior to the visit.
- Set-up speaking engagements and publicity outings for the team and members of the coaching staff. In addition, work as the initial contact person with the general public, students, media and corporate sponsors. This position should act as a liaison for the program.
- Work directly with the Sports Information Director, Promotions Director, Business Operations Staff, and other University Staff as the need arises. A facility, menu and meeting details must be arranged. Films, handouts, player appearances and guest speakers are all options that can be used throughout the softball season.
- Follow all compliance regulations and keep accurate records to be used in any compliance issues. Compliance issues cover every aspect of the program. A firm grasp of the NCAA and Conference rules greatly benefits the program and performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,790 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Professional Soccer Team
Liberal Arts College