To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, animation, graphic styles and layout techniques. You should also have experience executing projects from conception to production, including digital, print, merchandise and product packaging. Ultimately, you will ensure the design team promotes the team brand through delivering high quality pieces on tight deadlines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Required to perform the job)
- Design original creative elements
- Adaptation of design elements to carry out the continuity of the team brand throughout all collateral
- Design projects include but are not limited to: print (postcards, brochures, self-mailers, commemorative posters), newspaper ads, logo design, creative for publications, e-mail marketing components, digital advertisements (banners, pop-ups and other design elements), promotional items, internal communication pieces, social and content graphics, environmental design, merchandise and more
- E-mail campaign layout and design
- Precise proofing of all materials
- Take initiative, be involved, active and creative in suggesting new ideas and thinking outside of the box
- Communicate with outside print vendors, relaying specifications for production
- Serve as a checkpoint regarding logo usage, brand guidelines, graphic standards, etc.
- Capable of working on multiple design projects at any given time and execute quickly
- Assist in maintaining and establishing design department policies
- Animation of graphics using Adobe After Effects
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing department
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Excellent design sense
- Ability to be comfortable yet energetic in the creative process
- Successful at working in a team environment
- Detail-oriented, especially under deadline pressure
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly organized and communicative
- College degree, preferably in graphic design/fine art
- At least 4+ years’ work experience as a Graphic Designer, Animator or a similar role
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is necessary. Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a must. After Effects and any video editing experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of additional software or plugins helpful for creating presentation graphics, video intros, web features, social content etc.
- Experience in sports and/or entertainment industry
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,041 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Pro Soccer Club
Professional Soccer Team