- Responsible for maintaining formal accounting systems, financial statement preparation, supervising the organization of accounting records and files, supervising the preparation of regular reports and reconciliations including event settlements, and preparing budget-related materials.
- Establish and supervise ongoing accounting procedures, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, ticketing receipts, journal entry, data entry, and monthly closing.
- Prepare and analyze arena and event budgets.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Handle all aspects of internal and external audits.
- Prepare and analyze P&Ls for potential events.
- Execute settlements with event promoters and tenants.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (Advanced DegreePreferred).
- Years of related work experience: 10+, including:
- 3+ years in public accounting
- 5+ years progressive experience in accounting
- 3+ years managing venue facilities or related experience
- Experience working with a team or arena, or comparable experience
- Extensive experience preparing and analyzing financial statements and budgets.
- Capable of handling all aspects of the accounting cycle and principles and techniques of arena operations.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting systems.
- Understanding of event ticketing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate well with all levels of employees and management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to operate computer and other office productivity equipment/machinerycontinuously throughout the day.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,774 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime