Engineer Technician II
- Maintains a safe, secure, pleasant environment for clients, visitors, and co-workers. Follows Duke Energy Convention Center policies and procedures, applicable codes and safety regulations.
- Operates Building Control Systems for the purpose of controlling space temperature and lighting.
- Layout, installs and removes temporary electrical, air, water and gas services in support of exhibitions, trade shows and other events.
- Proactively inspects facilities and equipment and acts promptly to address problems found.
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner as to reflect the highest integrity of the Engineering
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of position requirements and attends in-service education classes
- Uses and maintains various meters, test instruments, drills, saws and other power and hand tools in the performance of job duties.
- Maintains utilized tools, equipment, and work areas in a clean, safe, organized fashion, on a daily basis.
- Communicates work activities and status to Chief Engineer / Engineering Supervisor and affected departments in a timely manner.
- Maintains working knowledge of facility utility and life safety systems locations and operation.
- Infrequently may perform duties of Engineering Supervisor
- Provide general information, directions and assistance to facility guests
- Promotes energy conservation in plant operations and work activities.
- Performs plant operations, physical plant rounds, routines, and documentation.
- Performs carpentry, painting, minor construction and discretionary maintenance, using standardized procedures or specialized instructions.
- May serve as member of department or facility committees.
- Occasionally coordinates activities of contractors working in the Convention Center.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma, or equivalent GED
- 3+ years verifiable facilities or electro-mechanical maintenance experience, with journeyman level responsibility. Public venue or institutional setting experience preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a CPR certificate and AED certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a driver’s license
- Graduation from accredited trade school in related field is desirable
- EPA Refrigeration Type I and II OR Universal certification required for HVAC&R Journeyman Level
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,041 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
The MLB Franchise LLC
Private Jesuit University
Private Catholic College