President's Office Intern 2021-2022 (Year-long)
We are currently seeking a candidate to fill the following internship during the 2021-2022 season: President’s Office Intern
Paid Internship: $7.25/hour
Reports to: Executive Assistant to President
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are able to commit to a full-time work schedule (M-F 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., weekends, evenings and holidays as necessary) from approximately June 2021 through June 2022.
- Have a passion to work in the professional sports industry and are ready to make an impact on the Houston Texans organization!
- Completion of, or in pursuit of, Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
- Prior administrative or clerical work experience preferred.
Basic Function: Assist the Executive Assistant to the President with all administrative tasks and projects as required and requested.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software with an emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and ability to work effectively within deadlines.
- Be consistently prompt and dependable.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Key draft documents and assist in proofreading documents when requested.
- Assist with the planning and execution of all Business Operations staff meetings, Business Operations Leadership Team ("BOLT") quarterly reviews and annual strategic planning retreat meetings and various other special events.
- Organize and maintain VIP gifts and office supply inventory.
- Prepare monthly expense reports and purchase card reports.
- Assist with invitations to events, including, without limitation, receiving RSVP's, ticket delivery and other necessary guest communications.
- Assist with set up and hosting of President's Suite for Club home gamedays.
- Assist with copying, filing and distribution of materials.
- Enter contacts and update President's calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
- Assist other Business Operations department staff with events as schedule allows and with approval from President's Executive Assistant.
- Perform various other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Assistant to the President and/or the President.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: Occasional local travel
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,138 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Internship (GA)