Digital Video Intern 2021-2022 (Year-Long)
We are currently seeking a candidate to fill the following internship during the 2021-2022 season:
Intern – Digital Video
Reports to: Director of TV and Digital Video
Paid Internship: $7.25/hour
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in either professional or college sports video production preferred.
Assist with all Club video production activities including, but not limited to weekly TV shows, TV specials and digital content with a focus on projects for the Marketing and Corporate Development departments.
- Prior experience in professional or collegiate sports video production preferred.
- Knowledge of AVID non-linear editing systems and various graphics programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and PhotoShop. Knowledge and ability to use various types of digital video cameras and production equipment.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and to produce high-quality work in accordance with the directions given.
- Ability to be consistently prompt and dependable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Shoot and edit Club-related events and activities, including but not limited to player community appearances, corporate sponsor events and mascot and cheerleader appearances for video board use at Club home games as well as for use by television affiliates, the Club website and social media.
- Work with the marketing and corporate development teams to develop and produce features for internal and external content needs.
- Perform gameday duties to include, but not be limited to, producing and editing video footage of pre-game activities, fan features and post-game press conferences for live video streaming on Club website and social media.
- Conceptualize, shoot and edit features for web, television and social media.
- Provide media relations personnel with event recaps and broll to be distributed via FTP as needed.
- Assist with ingesting, organizing and archiving NFL films and digital video footage.
- Perform various other duties from time to time as assigned by the Senior Director of TV and Digital Media.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: Occasional local travel associated with event preparation and execution.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,137 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Internship (GA)