Head Coach - Cheerleading and Dance Team
successful candidate will have an opportunity to mold and cultivate the UST Cheerleading and Dance program at the University. The program will be a part of the University Department and will function as a Spirit group for the entire University. The candidate will be instrumental in determining the foundation and direction of the program.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day activities of NCA and NDA Cheerleading and Dance programs.
- Recruitment of team members and students in compliance with University policies & procedures.
- Teach one (1) class per semester in conjunction with the University Dance Program.
- Stay updated and compliant with all NCA and NDA rules and regulations.
- Manage all practices and routine preparation.
- Manage all scheduling and travel arrangements.
- Prepare an annual budget and be responsible for budget performance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with regional and national universities, organizations and associations.
- Coordinate with the Recreational Sports Office and off campus facilities with the scheduling of practices and other team events on and off campus.
- Collaborate with University Advancement relating to fundraising initiatives.
- Support and perform at requested University events.
- Coordinate with other offices on campus including Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Affairs, University Events, Marketing, and the Registrar.
- Participate actively in campus events and on university committees in order to support the University community and provide a leadership presence.
- Serve as game day administrator as assigned.
- Design, market and manage summer youth camps and clinics.
- Serve as facility monitor for safety and well-being of participants in athletic activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and skills required:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology, Dance, or a related field is required.
- 3 years of cheerleading or dance coaching experience required preferably at the collegiate, high school, or club level.
- The successful candidate must also have excellent verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills should include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,136 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Internship (GA)