Stipend Coach - Head Women's Soccer Coach
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
- On a stipend basis, the work involves the recruitment and coaching of student-athletes for the assigned sport.
- A stipend coach will develop the mental and physical abilities of student-athletes to perform to their maximum ability as well as counsel players in good sportsmanship and the importance of getting good grades.
- There will be travel for recruitment and games involved with this position.
- The stipend coach will report to the Director of Athletics.
- Does other related work as required
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES (HEAD COACH):
- Recruit student-athletes to meet a predetermined roster size and prepare monthly recruiting reports
- Coordinate and oversee practices and games
- Work and communicate with involved athletic department staff to ensure equipment purchases and inventory, practice and game schedule, roster eligibility, athletic training and travel arrangements are satisfactory
- Assist the Director of Athletics in overseeing assistant coaches for assigned sport
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to carry out responsibilities unsupervised; ability to establish rapport with students to ensure they have a good experience.
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 60 college credits and some coaching/playing experience within the assigned sport.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,137 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
College Preparatory School