Senior Associate Athletics Director for Development
- Provide strategy, leadership and direction for the athletics development program.
- Plan and implement large scale, multiple fund- raising programs.
- Collaborate with volunteers, faculty and senior leaders on innovations and goals and develop plans for implementation.
- Direct staff and provide leadership to achieve goals and vision of the organization. Responsible for hiring and retaining staff, career coaching, personal development for direct reports and accountable for the performance of employees. Promotes and supports an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Support diverse employees in an environment which promotes equity and inclusion.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and ten years of relevant experience and management experience, preferably in athletics fundraising for a D1 school, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Significant major gift fundraising experience, with a demonstrated record of success. Demonstrated experience cultivating, soliciting and closing seven-figure gifts from a broad range of donors.
- Proven ability to meet fundraising goals with a strong track record in managing fundraising teams and balancing donor and internal coach/administrator relationships.
- Ability to build and lead a diverse team with demonstrated experience in creating equitable and inclusive workplaces.
- Excellent judgment, interpersonal and communication skills, including cross-cultural competencies.
- Strategic skills to craft and help implement fundraising plans.
- Ability to manage a large number of fundraising activities simultaneously.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective management experience and excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated experience recruiting, evaluating, mentoring, and placing staff.
- Demonstrated experience engaging and motivating groups of diverse individuals, including strong volunteer management skills.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,137 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private University (CA)