- Present lectures, seminars, and workshops on sports nutrition to student-athletes and coaches, including preseason nutrition overviews.
- Provide individual nutritional counseling to student-athletes.
- Provide assistance in planning pre and post-competition meals, both at home and on the road.
- Identify athletes with eating disorders and work with physicians and counselors in treatment.
- Develop nutrition education/intervention and sports nutrition programs.
- Establish nutritional assessment and treatment policies and procedures.
- Determine budgetary needs for IA nutritional programs.
- Assist with Drug and Alcohol Education program via supplement education.
- Develop materials on nutrition and weight control.
- Supervise use of results from Body Composition Measurement System.
- Maintain knowledge of departmental activities, sports schedules, and procedures.
- Perform duties as assigned.
- Appropriate education, training and certification in Nutrition, minimum of Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience as a Sports Nutritionist in competitive athletic environment, 1 year experience minimum.
- Ability to meet the extensive time commitments required for a Division I program (after hours coverage, weekend travel for event coverage, etc.).
- Sensitivity to student-athlete issues.
- Proven ability to meet multiple demands in a high volume, fast paced clinical environment.
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,353 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime