Head Coach for Strength and Conditioning
Private College located in Maryland is seeking a Head Coach of Strength and Conditioning for its athletic department.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Work directly with each head coach on strength and conditioning goals and objectives.
- Schedule and oversee weight lifting sessions with all teams.
- Provide coaching sessions for students (athletes and non-athletes), faculty and staff.
- Work with athletic trainers on pre and post injury training.
- Regularly assess athletes in power, strength, agility, and endurance.
- Develop individual strength and conditioning/nutrition plans for athletes.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics.
Director of Physical Education (40%)
- Teach two courses in the PE department.
- Hire and supervise adjunct faculty to teach activities and wellness courses.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to student concerns regarding PE courses as per existing college policy.
- Oversee facilities needs in Gym.
- Work in partnership with Events Coordinator and Athletics to schedule PE classes in Gym and Center.
- Other duties relative to physical education as assigned by the Provost.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Wellness to develop and implement wellness initiatives for faculty, staff, and students.
- In direct support of campus wellness initiatives, create and implement new class offerings (yoga, cycling, swim aerobics, etc.) for faculty, staff, and students.
- Work in collaboration with Director of Wellness on designing programs for community members.
- Develop a fitness center model to offer revenue-generating memberships.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,634 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Research University