Coordinator, Adult Hockey
We are looking for an employee who is passionate about growing the game of hockey in middle Tennessee. Specifically, the adult level of hockey is one of our largest populations of hockey players and we need a strong willed, motivated, passionate individual who wants to make positive changes in the hockey community.
- Coordinates adult hockey programming for Ford Ice Center including but not limited to developing, planning, organizing and promoting adult hockey leagues, clinics and tournaments.
- Works closely with Manager of Amateur Hockey & Fan Development in the recruitment of captains and teams and coordinates adult hockey programs at FIC Bellevue and Antioch.
- Maintains active communication of all issues and opportunities with Director of Amateur Hockey & Fan Development.
- Creates game schedules for all adult divisions and prepares information that is distributed to captains, players, sponsors, staff and officials regarding program policies and operations.
- Oversees discipline of on-ice incidents during games or tournaments.
- Assists in the evaluation of players for proper placement in divisions within leagues and programs.
- Helps to hire, guide and develop special event staff, scoreboard operators and officials.
- Develops programming for internal Officials’ seminars, adult camps and clinics.
- Helps to create advisory board for adult leagues and to maintain close communications with adult customer base to ensure that needs are being met and opportunities and issues are quickly uncovered.
- Assists in the organization of clinics and camps with outside organizations.
- Maintains a strong relationship within the adult hockey community to help drive traffic to Open Hockey and Drop-in Hockey.
- Oversees adult hockey classes and learn to play program.
- Assists Youth Hockey Coordinator run on-ice programming for internal camps and clinics.
- Evaluates programs and services and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Assists others within the Ford Ice Center organization to promote the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four-year (4) degree in Sports Management, Recreation, Business Management or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three years (3) of hockey playing experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration.
- Level 1 USA Hockey coaching certification
- Knowledge of the hockey community in the Middle Tennessee area.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Scheduling.
- Working extended hours, including nights and weekends. You are expected to be present for games and on site to check in players.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check, driving history and character references.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, be eligible to work in the United States, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by FIC’s insurance carrier.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds repeatedly.
- Working under extreme deadlines under pressure.
- Working on an ice surface and ability to ice skate.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical activities include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, balancing and handling of materials, and working with arms raised for prolonged periods.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, and loud noise.
- Including, but not limited to office equipment, barcoding scanner system, industrial equipment, hockey equipment, ice resurfacing equipment and scoreboard equipment.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,634 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Pro Ice Hockey Team