2021 Major League Alumni Marketing Independent Contractor – Stadium Auction Sales
Saint Louis County, MO
Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3) organization in its 39th year of promoting the game of baseball, raising money for local charities and serving the unique needs of former players. Major League Alumni Marketing (MLAM) is a for-profit subsidiary of the MLBPAA striving to create and maintain lasting memories of baseball’s heritage.
Major League Alumni Marketing (MLAM) is seeking a reliable, self-motivated, team oriented individual to assist the Stadium Auction Program in memorabilia sales and marketing, day-to-day operations, inventory management, ecommerce, and data entry. This opportunity will provide a well-rounded work experience for applicants interested in sales and management.
This contractor opportunity requires you to sell autographed memorabilia during St. Louis Cardinals home games throughout the regular season and postseason. Training will be required for new hires.
Start Date: August 2021
End Date: October 2021
- Team player and leader
- Reliable, trustworthy and hardworking
- Effective and thorough communication
- Sales or customer service experience preferred
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Be willing to offer ideas and suggestions
- Punctual and professional
- Execute memorabilia sales during Cardinals home games.
- Set up and break down vendor location.
- Demonstrate attention to detail when organizing memorabilia and table.
- Meet and exceed expected sales goals.
- Provide excellent customer service in order to secure and retain customers.
- Ability to select memorabilia for stadium auctions based on sales forecasts and projections.
- Assist with the management and organization of inventory of all product at location.
- Ship out auction and online sales orders in a timely manner.
- Assist with memorabilia signings involving current and former players.
- Utilize inventory management and POS systems.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
Breakdown of Duties
- 70% - Stadium auction sales
- • 15% - Stadium auction prep work (selecting memorabilia, preparing bid sheets, etc…)
- • 5% - Assist with private and public player autograph signings
- • 5% - Order processing and shipping support for all departments
- • 5% - Inventory management and organization
To apply, please submit your resume directly to Landon Ocker at [email protected]
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,114 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Major League Soccer
Youth Sports Products
Youth Sports Products
Professional Basketball Team