Customer Support Technician (IT)
- Handles physical tasks involving placement and setup of network equipment.
- Makes custom-length CAT5e/6 network cables in-the-field using, RJ45 connectors, crimping tools and cable testers.
- Coordinates with members on internal IT teams to activate Ethernet jacks on required VLAN's through patch panels and respective network switches.
- Troubleshoots IP Phones and IPTV issues; maintains record of activated wall jacks, network switch ports.
- Diagnose and resolve problems on all types of technology related hardware, software, and transmission devices/media. Assess the situation, address next steps, execute action plan, and review after 24hrs ensure issue has been resolved.
- Provide excellent customer service via telephone and in person Participate with the day to day Help Desk activities.
- High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred) in Information Technology or Computer Science
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
- Punctual and professionally attired in accordance with event schedule or directives.
- Good network troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of network cabling, patch panels, network switches, wireless networking devices, Ethernet extenders, cable testers, etc.
- Ability to trace, troubleshoot and repair a network cabling problem as necessary to restore service.
- Ability to successfully connect computer to network (Wi-Fi & wired).
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. in the course of equipment move and setup.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary. The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts, and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required
- A+/ Network + andor CCNA certification is a plus
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 735 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Ice Hockey Team
Sports and Entertainment