Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for developing and ensuring the implementation of departmental strategic plans and supporting business plans in the organization’s Marketing, Booking, Ticketing, F&B, Finance, Grounds, Custodial, Event Production, Security, Conversion and Ice Operations departments with a focus on maximizing the number of events and their revenue opportunities and creating the ultimate fan experience for the arena and practice/community ice facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aggressively promotes the use of the facility to maximize its utilization
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the boards, tenants, government departments and agencies, entertainment/convention industry, community and civic organizations to encourage continual and regular use of the facility
- Assures the coordination, implementation and administration of specific plans and programs prescribed by corporate directives, to include matters of training and development; quality assurance; energy efficiency; safety/emergency procedures, crowd control and crisis management procedures, or other areas as needed.
- Develops and implements facility goals in accordance with corporate policy and good business practice.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility.
- Committed to a diverse and inclusive arena workforce supporting a positive employee culture that reflects OVG’s reputation in the industry.
- Oversee and provide strategic leadership to the Security department responsible for ensuring appropriate levels of security, safety, privacy, and recovery of company assets
- Evaluates facility practices and recommends improvements to better reflect the needs of arena clients and the facility, and/or to improve the efficiency and safety of operations, in compliance with policies and procedures
- Responsible for recruiting, training, supervising and evaluating administrative and supervisory staff
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the tenants, employees, union representatives and the general public
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior leadership role at a large sports and/or music entertainment venue
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university in Business/Hospitality Management or related field
- Graduate of IAVM Public Assembly Facility Management School preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of facility operations, budget preparation and personnel management
- Ability to apply conflict resolution and problem-solving skills in a team-oriented environment
- Experience in relationship management including sports team ownership, sports leagues, F&B providers, promoters, Ticketmaster and other partners
- Proven ability to think strategically with a willingness to roll up sleeves and execute on projects
- Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the entertainment industry
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state or local laws and regulations including OSHA
- Strong orientation towards hospitality/customer service for the meeting, convention and entertainment industry
- Effective supervisory skills. Ability to deal effectively with human resource and personnel problems; to deal constructively with conflict; to motivate, provide counsel and execute applicable solutions
- Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Senior Level Management Experience with managing venues and events in a stadium or concert setting of a similar size (11,500+ seats) is highly desirable
- Experience in a management role during the grand opening or major renovation of an arena or stadium is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) and manage a non-union and unionized workforce
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 734 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Football Team