Head High School Tennis Coach
Bishop Dunne Catholic School seeks to hire a Head High School Tennis Coach who will advance the mission of the school, mentor and help develop student-athletes as Tennis players and men and women, and be a positive participant in the school culture, including advancing the Catholic identity of the school, and develop positive relationships with school colleagues and administration. The part-time, stipend paid position will be for the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
Successful Head High School Tennis Coach Candidates will:
· Promote a culture that reflects the core values of Bishop Dunne Catholic School: caring, dedicated, faithful;
· Possess a superior knowledge of the sport of Tennis including, but not limited to, knowledge of training and conditioning techniques and the ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe corrective activities;
· Actively promote and increase the competitiveness of the tennis program at Bishop Dunne;
· Oversee a program of student formation in the athletic department that engenders responsibility, respect, and compassion;
· Have the ability to work collaboratively with student-athletes, faculty, parents, alumni, and administrators;
· Commitment to a culture of excellence;
· Possess and maintain a moral character that is consistent with being a positive role model for students;
· Be a positive and effective communicator;
· Complete National Federation of High School Associations (NFHS) Fundamentals of Coaching Course;
· Complete annual NFHS Concussions in Sports Course;
· Experience playing softball at the high school level or above preferred;
· Have 2-3 years of Head High School Coaching experience, or at least 3 years coaching experience at an Assistant level;
· Teaching certificate, a plus, but not required.
- Organize and plan in-season and off-season training;
- Schedule all non-district, district and tournament games
- Supervise players, assistant coaches and volunteers at all team events (games, practices, road trips, meetings, etc.);
- Provide basic medical treatment for not life-threatening injuries. Be able to execute emergency plan for athletic facilities;
- Attend Athletic Department Coaches Training;
· Maintain annual TAPPS S.C.O.P.E. training;
· Maintain current First Aid/CPR certification, as well as Safe Environment Training.
All candidates must be able to pass background checks and comply with the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Qualified candidates, please send a resume to Anna Lee Friesen, Human Resources, at [email protected]
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 709 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
High School Coaching