Director of Athletic Development
The Director will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, and soliciting individuals for major gift ($100K+) for the benefit of the Athletics. They will also be responsible for ensuring the effective stewardship of existing major donors to Athletics. The incumbent will provide oversight and management of at least one full-time Athletics Development staff member and additional temporary/casual staff. The Director will develop solicitation strategies and coordinate the involvement of other administrators, coaches, alumni, and volunteers for signature activities, including Giving Day.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 100 major gift prospects and effectively collaborate with other major and principal gift officers working with Athletics prospects to ensure maximum philanthropic outcomes.
- Participate as a member of the Director of Athletics’ senior staff and update senior athletic administrators and other key department stakeholders on issues pertinent to development.
- Establish long-range goals and objectives for athletic development programs and activities that reflect priorities for private support. Prepare operating plan designed to facilitate achievement of these goals and objectives as a component of the University-wide major gifts plan.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of directly related experience
- Strong development credentials; including proven track record of building and developing a high-level portfolio
- Effective experience in enlisting and interacting with volunteers
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently as well collaboratively with team members
- Energy and stamina, self-confidence and humility, a strong sense of purpose, a tolerance for ambiguity and a sense of humor
- Extensive travel, nights and weekends required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 736 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private University (MA)
Ice Hockey Team
Ice Hockey Team